#GivingTuesday: Asking Friends And Family To Give

Here'a a template to email your friends, family, or other contacts to ask for support of your #GivingTuesday page. Personalize it- including your story and why you believe this is worth supporting will go a lot further.

Subject line
Your help is needed with something important to me
Email body copy
Dear [FirstName],

As you may already know, I’m participating in #GivingTuesday this year. I’m really excited about supporting Chester County Futures - so wish me luck!
A big part of #GivingTuesday is raising much needed funds for charities. I’m supporting Chester County Futures - a wonderful organization that is working hard to provide comprehensive academic support, mentoring, and scholarships for motivated economically disadvantaged youth to succeed in school, higher education, and life.

[INCLUDE YOUR STORY. Why are your raising money for CCF? Why do you believe in the mission? How has CCF made a difference to you? Are you a mentor? Do you have students in the program? Is a family member on the Board of Directors? Are you a resident of Chester County who sees the value in education and opportunity?]

I would really appreciate it if you would sponsor me through my online fundraising page. I’m aiming to raise [DollarAmount] to support after school and mentoring programs, allow the students to explore and get in to post-secondary schools, and widen their scope of possible career opportunities. Every dollar counts and even a donation of as little as $5 can be put to providing things from an afternoon snack to part of a life-changing experience!
It’s really easy to give online and you get a receipt for your donation emailed straight to you. Just click on the below link to visit my fundraising page.
[Fundraising Page URL]
Thanks so much for your help.
[Your Name]

Comments

Popular Posts